who we are
Meet the team
Louise Thomson Fernet
- British Nationality
- B.A (Hons) Finance Lancaster University
- Paris-Dauphine University
- Has lived and worked in UK, France, Norway and USA
- French Nationality
- Former business lawyer
- Master 2 law degree Lyon University
- Has lived and worked in France and USA
what we do
Your pathway to success
We first created Expat Student to help high school students access higher education at prestigious UK universities and in doing so, join one of the best university systems in the world. In response to a growing demand, we then expanded our range of services to help our students who apply in the UK in their secondary applications to universities in other countries. More recently, we now also assist students who wish to apply for masters courses in the UK.
It is with enthusiasm, determination and methodology that we guide each student to access the university that is the best suited to their personal goals.
Having accompanied our own children in their applications to study in England, we understand that the different steps to a successful application can be complex and difficult for students who are not in the British educational system or who are not supported by a great school counselor.
Thanks to our experience and our links with the British and French culture, our support has a holistic approach based on an evaluation of the student’s academic needs and a detailed knowledge of the universities, courses and campuses
Why choose us
6 reasons to choose Expat Student
The application process has no secret for us.
We know the ropes-every aspect of the application, every deadline.
We’ve been working extensively with the universities.
We know what they expect and we will guide you to maximise your chances of getting into the program of your choice.
We are international.
No matter where you’re from and what your high school diploma is, we know how to show your best assets and put your core strengths forward.
We are independent.
We work with universities, not for them. Our entire attention is dedicated to you and your goals.
We have excellent relations with admissions services.
It’s always a plus to know your admissions officer on a first name basis!
Every student benefits from personalised guidance and support, every step of the way.
Our students received Offers from universities such as:
We have helped them to join a wide variety of bachelors programmes including:
- International Relations and Politics
- Veterinary Medicine
- International Management
- Biological Sciences
- English Literature
Our UK results
On the road to success
after trusting Expat Student
Many thanks for this quality support and expertise at every stage of the UCAS application process.
Where to meet us
Expat Student participates regularly at Higher Education Fairs in Paris. Over the last couple of years, we have had stands at
- Salon de l’Etudiant – the 3 day long Higher Education Fair in France with over 244 stands and 31,600 visitors, this is by far the largest university fair in France
- Salon de l’Etudiant, Partir à l’Etranger – a specialist university fair for students wishing to study abroad. Over 11,000 students visit this fair every year.
- Salon Studyrama Salon des Formations Internationales – a higher education fair for international study, attended by almost 9,000 students
- Salon des Masters du Monde – a postgraduate fair organised by the newspaper ‘Le Monde’
Expats Student offers in-school presentations and workshops for students and parents where we explain the UK Higher Education system and discuss its relevance for their child.
We also provide advice to school staff who are unfamiliar with the UCAS application system.
Ask your Head Teacher to call us to organise a meeting.