Discover higher education choices in Europe : business studies in Spain
Are you interested about business studies? If you are, have you thought about studying in Spain? Spain is a natural choice for many students as it boasts some of the best business schools in Europe. The two universities in this article rank high in global educational rankings, and the teaching is in English.
Business studies at IE Madrid Business School
IE Business School appears in prestigious international rankings by the Financial Times, The Economist and the Wall Street Journal, to name a few, as one of Europe’s leading business schools.
You have a choice of two locations for the first two years of study – one is the IE University campus in the city of Segovia, which is housed in the Convent of Santa Cruz la Real, a historic building declared a national heritage site in 1931. It includes students from over 80 countries and is both academic and lively.
The second is the IE Tower, a tech-based urban campus in the centre of Madrid. With its proximity to many leading international companies and state-of-the-art facilities, the tower is a training ground for innovation and entrepreneurship, with over 64 classrooms, as well as auditoriums and sports facilities.
Years 3 and 4 of your business studies are based in Madrid centre.
IE’s undergraduate programmes are aimed at ambitious students who expect professional success.
If you are interested in business studies, IE Business School offers a wide range of diplomas to study in Spain.
There are 14 Bachelor’s Degrees you can choose from, and 8 Double Degrees. The most popular degree is the Bachelor in Business Administration, but there are many other choices such as Applied Mathematics, Economics, International Relations and PPLE (Philosophy, Politics, Law and Economics)
But it’s not all work at IE. There are many other activities and clubs you can join with other like-minded people…
From Arts Clubs, which include painting, drawing, music, dance and photography to Geographic Clubs, Sports Clubs and Social & Community Clubs, which provides opportunities for networking, and sharing personal interests and hobbies.
IE feels that their clubs are instrumental to the IE experience.
IE University, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons
How to apply to IE Madrid Business School
Applications are welcomed from all around the world. On average, students speak three languages each and come from more than 60 different educational systems.
All applicants are assessed individually. The University review process identifies and recognises creativity and a wide range of competencies, which are not always in line with traditional assessments, which tend to be based solely on academic achievement.
To study in Spain, all students must comply with the requirements established by the Ministry of Education, and generally, are required to meet the University Entry Requirements from their country of residence to be able to study officially in Spain. For example, A Levels, International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB), or French Baccalaureat. You can find a full list of requirements and grades required on IE Madrid Business School’s website.
To start the application process, you need to complete an online application form. This gives you the chance to highlight your past experiences and future aspirations.
The application is subject to a non-refundable admission fee of €120.
Next, you must attach the following to your application for business studies:
- Proof of your school grades from the previous two years, as well as any grades you have received this year.
- If you are studying in the following education systems, you also need to submit:
– International Baccalaureate (IB): IB predicted grades (if available)
– French Baccalaureate: Épreuves Anticipées
– A-Levels: GCSE certificates and your predicted A-Level results
- A letter of recommendation from your professor or Tutor.
- A CV, to include your academic background, work experience and extracurricular activities.
- Copy of your passport, ID, or residence permit.
- A passport-sized photo.
- Any additional documents which you feel will give a better overview or you, your achievements, and interests. This could be evidence of a prize or diploma – or maybe a portfolio of your work.
- Finally – Express yourself. This is a topic you’ll find on the application form. This section consists of 3 questions to choose from. You must select one question and answer via a video, an essay or a powerpoint presentation.
The next step is a KIRA test
You’ll be given three questions to answer in a set amount of time. One of the responses must be written and two are recorded via video.
The test should only take 20-30 minutes – the system allows for unlimited practice sessions before answering each of the three official questions, but you only have one chance to record your official answers. The questions will be linked to IE’s values or course’s values.
The purpose of this is to allow the admissions team to get a sense of your personality and potential before assessing whether you should proceed to the interview stage. They will also assess your English level.
The admissions officers will then review your application and decide if you can proceed to the final two steps of the application process : the admissions test and the interview.
Learn more about the Kira Test.
The Admissions test
The IE Madrid Business School test is online and conducted in English. It assesses verbal, logical and numerical skills. It concentrates on your ability to reason, rather than knowledge of actual information, so you don’t have to study for the test to pass it successfully. It also evaluates your English level.
Getting a personal interview is something to be proud of. This stage gives the university the chance to get to know you better and further assess certain qualities, such as your personality, capacity for critical thinking, method of self-expression and other communication skills.
Once the interview is complete, your application and all test results, and interview observations are sent to the Admissions Committee for review.
You will be informed in writing if your application has been successful.
The annual tuition fees for business studies at IE Madrid Business School for 2023/2024 is €25,000 for Bachelor programmes.
For Double Degrees, the annual fees are €30,000.
If you need help and more information about the application process, contact Expat Student for our expert assistance, and a remote interview.
Study Business, Law, or International Relations at Esade, Barcelona
At Esade, you’ll find Bachelor’s degrees and Double degrees to further your business studies, law, or international relations. You will have a one-of-a-kind learning experience in Barcelona; you’ll learn languages and learn to think differently and creatively. You’ll travel abroad, do internships, and help others through solidarity projects.
Esade was founded in collaboration with the Society of Jesus in 1958 with a commitment to generate positive and major change in business, entrepreneurship, and people. Esade is a member of the UNIJES network of Jesuit universities and has been part of the Ramon Llull University since 1995.
Find out more about Esade.
Leader in the most prestigious rankings in the world
Esade’s international educational experience is centred on the development of the individual. This commitment to excellence has positioned them as a leading business and law school, which is reflected in the many rankings they have from prestigious publications. Here are just a few:
- Esade is in the top 4 business schools for Executive Education in the world – Financial Times
- Ranks in the top 3 for New skills and Learning (new ways of thinking) – Financial Times
- Number 1 for Innovative Education (Iberoamerica) – El Economista
- Number 1 for Private Bachelor’s in Business Administrations (Spain) – El Mundo
- Number 4 for Best Executive Education – Financial Times
- Number 1 for Marketing Career Specialization (Non-US) – QS
Law and Business studies in Barcelona : undergraduate programmes at Esade
Esade has a range of undergraduate programs to study in Spain, under two of their distinct academic units; the Business School and the Law School.
- Business Administration
- Business Administration and Law
- Double Degree in Business Administration and AI for Business
- Bachelor in Transformational Leadership and Social Impact
- Bachelor in Law
- Bachelor in Global Governance, Economics and Legal Order
- Double Degree in Business Administration and Law
- Double Degree in Law & Global Governance, Economics and Legal Order
Jordiferrer, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons
Applying to Esade
Like the other Spanish Universities to study business, Esade has a detailed process. If you feel like you would benefit from a university guidance counsellor, you can be assisted every step of the way.
There are both academic and language requirements that need to be met. To apply, you must be in the last year of high school before university.
This differs depending on which country you are applying for – a full list of which you can find on the Esade website. However, in general, you need an end of secondary school diploma such as the IB, 3 A levels or French Bac
The admission process
The admission process for Undergraduate programmes is as follows:
- Complete the online application form for the degree you want to take.
- You must pay €135 processing fee before closing and sending your application, which is non-refundable.
- You must answer a number of questions about your educational background and motivation for joining ESADE.
- Passport sized photo.
- The final transcript of all your grades for the last 3 years of secondary education.
- Final year of secondary education: grades for the first trimester.
- Official accreditation of English level (TOEFL, Cambridge, IELTS, Michigan etc.) if available.
Once you have completed the online application, it’s time to sit the admissions test for your degree.
- The admissions tests are designed to measure your language skills, logic, and basic mathematical skills. They primarily evaluate your ability to reason more than your memory.
Depending on the course you decide to apply for, you may be asked to solve a challenge via a video. For the BBA, there is a maths test within the assessment.
Once this is complete, your application, tests and supporting documents will be examined by the Esade Admissions Committee, and for certain subjects you may be invited to interview.
The final decision will depend on each candidate’s individual, overall evaluation compared to that of all the candidates, and depending on the number of spaces available.
Tuition fees vary depending on the degree you take:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – €18,500
- Bachelor in Law – €18,500
- Bachelor in Global Governance, Economics and Legal Order – €18,500
- Bachelor in Transformational Leadership and Social Impact – €21,300
- Double Degree in Business Administration and Law – €21,300
- Double Degree in Law and Global Governance, Economics and Legal Order – €21,300
- Bachelor of Business Administration & Bachelor in Artificial Intelligence in Business – €19,900
Esade do offer generous Scholarships and needs-based Bursaries for Undergraduate degrees, for which you can find information on their website.
Interested in studying in Spain? Read our article Veterinary studies in Spain: testimonial about medical studies in Valencia.
Expat Student can help with your applications to study business in Spain!
If you are interested in doing a bachelor or a Masters’ degree in business in Madrid or Barcelona, Expat Student can help you apply for degree courses at both IE Madrid and Esade.
Expat Student helps students apply for the course that is the best fit to their interests and abilities, assisting with the motivational letter and preparation of their CV, providing individual and tailored support.
We can also aid your application to prestigious universities in the UK, Europe and Canada for courses as diverse as international business, engineering, British literature, history, international relations and political science, international law, medicine, and veterinary studies.
If you are interested in studying in Spain, you might be interested in reading about medical studies in Spain.
Ready to start your business studies in Spain?
➡ Contact us for your remote interview.
➡ firstname.lastname@example.org / +33 134 84 70 94
➡ Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for international study news.